Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in The Making

I wanted a second to chime in, and let my voice be heard, for those of you that read this blog everyday or might not, my name is Solo,

As a contributor to this blog ,and this place of U.S.A , today is a good day, as I watch cnn with video of our 44th president and chants thru the screen of change is here, I reflect that its not just a good day as a black male for me in the world, but as an american living in this world.

What happen today, what's going on as I type this message, as I began to form the words to describe what's really going on a text message pops up on the sidekick from jay " History in the Making". No need for me to say more,

As a kid growing up, I wanted to be a cop, a teacher, a basketball player, a band major, a rapper, a lawyer, but never once did President pop into my mind. It might be too late for me, but for the children of this world the glass has been broken, not through kicking and screaming but by living right and doing good for urself and the next man.

Today might not be the end of everything bad in the world, but when today is the day when a little boy or girl now wants to be the best they can be, its the start of a lot of good.

"....For the world has changed and we must change with it" - Barack Obama 1/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment